Values & Guiding Principles
Coalition members and advisors wholeheartedly commit to endorsing and collaborating on the priorities identified by the Coalition for the people in the Comox Valley who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
The Coalition will:
- Speak with one voice to address the priority needs of individuals who are at-risk or experiencing homelessness in the Comox Valley
- Apply principles of Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our work, and will operate from an inclusive, participatory, transparent, and respectful basis in evaluating, planning, and implementing actions to address homelessness.
- Use a consensus decision-making process
- Be action oriented and focused on results, outcomes and impacts that prevent or eliminate homelessness.
- Use collaborative strategies in all efforts to end or prevent homelessness
- Liaise with community stakeholders and people with lived/living experience of homelessness and encourage their active participation in meeting the goals of the Coalition.
- Incorporate the principles of housing first and harm reduction in our action planning
- Identify and advocate for projects that address gaps within the housing and supports wheelhouse that also target the demographics of people most in need
- Incorporate supports and strategies to ensure people remain successfully housed with emphasis on outreach, relationship building, and individualized services.